MCG’s sold out UKMW14 ‘Museums beyond the web‘ was held at the Natural History Museum in London on Friday 7 November 2014. Don’t miss out on future events – sign up for our low-traffic events information list.
UKMW14 event reports
- Jessica Suess’ Museums Beyond the Web, November 2014
- Guest blogger Holly Parsons wrote UKMW14 Guest Post: From Mercury to Mars
- Guest blogger Kasia Kwiatkowska wrote UKMW14 Guest Post: The New Post-Digital Era
- University of Cambridge Museums’ Museums Computer Group Conference – Museums beyond the Web
UKMW14 photos and tweets
- Some photos from the day are in our Museums Computer Group Flickr pool – feel free to add yours!
- #UKMW14 tweets have been archived in a Google doc.
UKMW14 presentation notes and slides
- Opening keynote speaker George Oates has posted her UK Museums and The Web Keynote slides
- MCG Chair Mia Ridge’s ‘All the things I didn’t say in my welcome to UKMW14 ‘Museums beyond the web’…‘
- Slides for Immersive and Pervasive: Museums in Virtual Reality by Tara Copplestone
- Slides for Box of Delights by Alex Butterworth
- Slides for Piloting a mobile collection in the landscape by Anna Rhodes and Ben Bedwell
- Slides for On Dartmoor nobody can hear you Google by Rick Lawrence
- Slides for Centenary Connections: connecting stories of the First World War, Rebecca Bartlett
- Slides for Let them speak by Oluwatoyin Sogbesan
- Slides for Google Glass at the MIT Museum: a Visitor Experience Study by Marco Mason
If you’ve got event or talk notes to share, let us know!