This year’s Museums Computer Group Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place at the UK Museums on the Web 2014 conference on 7 November 2014 at the Natural History Museum.
The AGM will include the election of nominees to the Committee. Joining the MCG Committee is a great way to support your peers and help the sector. It’s also an opportunity to meet people, gain valuable skills and experience, and enhance your CV. If you are motivated to help and have a few hours free each month, please see our Call for MCG Committee members #[link to page with text of email to list] and send your nomination to email@example.com by midday on Thursday, November 6, 2014. If you have any questions about committee work or nominations, please contact the Chair, Mia Ridge.
Museums Computer Group Annual General Meeting Agenda
Friday 7th November 2014. Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road London SW7 5BD UK.
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2013 AGM: Tate Modern, 14th November 2013.
- Committee Executive Reports
- Operational Reports
- Proposed changes to Governance and Constitution
- Questions from the Floor
- Committee Elections
- Any other urgent business
- Close of meeting
Committee Executive Reports
- Chair – Mia Ridge
- Accounts – Alison Bean (Treasurer)
- Update on Corporation Tax
- Elect accountant
- Membership – Julie Reynolds (Secretary)
- Events – Rhiannon
- Communications and Website – Andrew
- Projects and partnerships – Dafydd
Proposed changes to Governance and Constitution
- Proposal to update references to ‘audit’ in the Constitution to ‘qualified third party’
- Question for discussion: should the MCG become an Association Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)?
Nominations received before Thursday November 6 have been posted online. Nominations are invited for the following committee vacancies:
- Treasurer – 1 vacancy
- Secretary – 1 vacancy
- Members – 3 vacancies
The chair invites existing and new committee members onto the stage to introduce them.
MCG Committee Elections AGM 2014
- Chair – Mia Ridge: to 2014 – up for re-election
- Treasurer – Vacancy
- Secretary – Vacancy
- Dafydd James: to 2014 – up for re-election
- Andrew Lewis: to 2015
- Danny Birchall: to 2015
- Mariann Hardey: to 2015
- Michael Guthrie: to 2015
- Johanna Perez Strand: to 2016
The following members are standing down or have reached the end of their terms:
- Rhiannon Looseley
- Irida Ntalla
- Oonagh Murphy
- Alison Bean – Treasurer
- Julie Reynolds – Secretary